[[This position has now been filled.]] We seek a Postdoctoral Scholar to join our research team immediately for a new project involving the haptic search and retrieval of objects buried in granular media, bimanual manipulation, and shared autonomy teleoperation of field deployable robots.
- Ph.D. degree in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the development and implementation of real-time, sensory feedback-driven controllers on robot hardware, and in the debugging of hardware-software systems
- Proficiency with computer languages such as C/C++ and Python, and experience with ROS and higher-level libraries (e.g. TensorFlow, Caffe, SciKit, OpenCV)
- Proficiency with machine learning techniques
- Initiative to identify and solve novel research problems
- Experience with managing teams of students and timely achievement of project milestones on a rigorous schedule
- Expertise in controlling robot hardware for reach, grasp, and manipulation
- Expertise in collecting and processing computer vision, tactile, and proprioceptive sensor data
- Expertise in conducting experiments with human subjects using motion capture and eye tracker equipment
- Expertise in computer-based human-machine interfaces and shared autonomy systems
HOW TO APPLY: Only electronic applications will be accepted. Applicants should send an email to VJSANTOS [AT – no spam] ucla.edu with the subject line “Postdoc App: Haptic Search and Retrieval”. The email should contain a SINGLE PDF attachment titled “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.pdf” that includes the following: cover letter, CV, names and contact information for a minimum of three references, and a minimum of one recent publication demonstrating expertise relevant to the Postdoctoral Scholar position. Competitive candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*** The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. Additional information on policies and benefits that pertain to the Postdoctoral Scholar position is available at http://grad.ucla.edu/postdoc/.